What Are the Symptoms of Depression
Posted: March 16, 2023
Depression can manifest in a variety of ways, and the symptoms can vary from person to person. Some common symptoms of depression include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, emptiness, or hopelessness.
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities that were once enjoyable.
- Significant changes in appetite or weight.
- Insomnia or excessive sleepiness.
- Fatigue or loss of energy.
- Feelings of worthlessness, guilt, or helplessness.
- Difficulty concentrating or making decisions.
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide.
- Physical symptoms such as headaches, digestive problems, or chronic pain.
- Withdrawal from social situations or relationships.
It's important to note that experiencing one or two of these symptoms does not necessarily mean that a person has depression, but if you or someone you know is experiencing several of these symptoms for an extended period of time, it may be worth seeking the help of a mental health professional.